Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 2

It's too early to be up. I couldn't sleep even though I only actually turned the lights out and put the book down around 1:30am. I can run on four hours of sleep. I haven't quite figured out if I'm just nocturnal or have insomnia.

So Schykill campus is in the middle of bloody no where. And there are a total of 8 kids in my class. Half of them are from Berks, haha. The teacher is this little asian guy. You have to really focus to understand what he's saying but he seems to explain it well. Three hours of concentrating on interpretting what someone is saying about calculus is draining. The drive home took almost an hour. Only 17 more classes.

I went to the bookstore yesterday. I got three books. I really shouldn't have; I should be focusing on my classes but I love the escape. I got another Anita Blake novel and a Highlander one. I found a copy of Frankenstein for $5 so I grabbed that too. Sigh.

Dea posted her graduation pictures. She looked great. I'm kind of sad I didn't go but oh well. I probably would have felt out of place. Then again, I feel out of place in any social situation.

I get to see Dr. D today. Here's to hoping I'll be able to do research this summer. I should also maybe ask about grad school. I'm so lost. I like science but the draw of history and anthropology/archeology is kind of trumping it lately. I can just see dad's face if I tell him I'm going to grad school for history or something, haha. I think I'll burn out if I keep pushing the science. I think I forced it upon myself to begin with. At the same time though, I really like genetics, especially evolutionary genetics. That at least mixes the two. I don't know. Deanne said to apply to a variety of different fields, and I just may. And I just may apply to schools in the UK, too.

Time for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment